Student Summer Employment Registration Service
|Available from January 1 to June 30.|
The Government of Alberta is currently in a hiring restraint. As a result,
summer employment opportunities for students may be limited in number in 2016.***
for your interest in student summer employment with the Government of Alberta.
Summer employment provides students with the opportunity to learn about our
organization, develop workplace skills, and gain career related experience.
Summer students are typically hired for a period of two to four months and provide assistance or support to
various types of work
in areas such as: administrative support, research, policy, finance, accounting, forestry, information technology, human services, human resources, communication, environmental science,
conservation, tourism, grounds keeping, maintenance, etc.
Our Student Summer Employment Registration Service provides an easy and efficient
way for students to register and submit their resumes to a centralized database
in order to be considered for potential summer employment opportunities with us.
The Government of
Alberta ministries that have determined their summer student recruitment
needs will review the database, identify the students to be interviewed, and
then contact them to schedule interviews.
Interested in registering?
To be eligible to register, you must:
- Have student status (i.e. be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary
- Be returning to academic studies in September.
- Have a current cover letter and resume.The
Tips for Applying on Alberta Government Jobs resource provides information
on writing effective cover letters and resumes.
- If you are not a student, please visit www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of our current employment opportunities.
The registration process is easy:
- Tell us about yourself - your contact information, education, the type(s) of
work experience you are interested in obtaining, and when you’re available to
- Answer a few questions.
- Upload your resume and cover letter. The cover letter may be addressed
“Attention: Human Resources.” Documents must be submitted in one file.
- Submit your registration!
After you register:
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and resume have been received.
- The Government of Alberta ministries that have summer employment opportunities
available will review the database, identify the students to be interviewed, and
contact them to schedule interviews.
- Interviews are usually held during March and April. Some interviews may be held
- Student summer employment opportunities typically begin in May and end in August.
- Your resume will be kept on file until September 1.
- Some ministries may advertise specialized summer employment opportunities on our Government of Alberta Jobs website www.jobs.alberta.ca under the Seasonal category.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Student Summer Employment Registration Service,
please contact us.
OR if you have lost your confirmation e-mail, please click here.