Student Summer Employment Registration Service
*** PLEASE NOTE: The Government of Alberta is currently in a hiring restraint.
As a result, employment opportunities for students may be limited in number this year.***
for your interest in student summer employment with the Government of Alberta.
Summer employment provides students with the opportunity to learn about our
organization, develop workplace skills, and gain career related experience.
Summer students are typically hired for a period of 2 to 4 months and provide assistance or support to various types of work such as administrative support, research, policy, finance, accounting, forestry, information technology, human services, human resources, communication, environmental science, conservation, tourism, grounds keeping, maintenance, etc.
Our Student Summer Employment Registration Service provides an easy and efficient
way for students to register and submit their resumes to a centralized database
in order to be considered for potential summer employment opportunities with us.
To be eligible to register, you must:
- Have student status (i.e. be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary
- Be returning to academic studies in September.
- If you are not a student, please visit www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of our current employment opportunities.
The registration process is easy:
- Answer a few questions.
- Attach your resume and cover letter. The cover letter may be addressed
“Attention: Human Resources.”
- Submit your registration!
After you register:
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and the receipt of your
- Government of Alberta ministries that have summer employment opportunities
available will contact students that have been selected for interviews.
- Interviews are usually held during March and April. Some interviews may be held
- Student summer employment opportunities typically begin in May.
- Your resume will be kept on file until September 1.
- Some ministries may advertise specialized summer employment opportunities on our Government of Alberta Jobs website www.jobs.alberta.ca under the Seasonal category.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Student Summer Employment Registration Service,
please contact us.
OR if you have lost your confirmation e-mail, please click here.